Warm sunny days on Martha’s Vineyard may seem far away right now, but there is an important vacation planning deadline this month for anyone who has a summer rental in place or who is thinking about renting or visiting friends or family this summer on Martha’s Vineyard – Martha’s Vineyard Ferry Reservation Alert: Summer Tickets Go on Sale This Month Advance car ferry internet reservations begin on Tuesday, January 25th.
An advance reservation with the Steamship Authority is essential if you’re planning to bring your car in the summer. Every year, peak week car reservations in July and August seem to sell out faster and faster. Often, they’re all gone within a week, sometimes, a day or two. Ferry reservations have been tougher to get these days even in the off-season. So, early purchasing is a good idea.
Martha’s Vineyard Ferry Reservation Alert: Summer Tickets Go on Sale This Month – A Few Car Reservation Tips
- If you don’t have a profile number, pin or sign-in credentials with the Steamship Authority, register ahead of time. It will help your online booking go faster. Register here.
- Book online. You can’t make reservations by phone until a week after online sales begin.
- Expect delays online but keep trying. The SSA started a new waiting in line process last year, where you go into a queue that tells you how long your wait time is. Stay in the queue!
- Tuesday will be the heaviest traffic day of the year for the Steamship website. It’s all part of the hectic ferry reservation dance.
- Have an alternative time or two, in case your first choice is not available.
- The earlier you start trying to book on January 25th — the better your odds. The reservation system goes live at 5 AM EST.
- You don’t need advance reservations if you’re not bringing a car.
Martha’s Vineyard Ferry Reservation Alert: Summer Tickets Go on Sale This Month – The Main Booking Link
You may want to bookmark the actual booking page, before you start trying on Tuesday. Head to this page, and click the BOOK NOW BUTTON.
If you’re still wondering what’s available to rent, there are some options still available. Though inventory is tight, this is when it really pays to work with a real estate vacation rental expert. You can call or email our Rental Team. Call 508-627-4567 extension 2, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find your Summer rental today. You’ll be ready to get those ferry reservations!
PRO TIP: Be sure to pay attention to which town your ferry reservations go into – Oak Bluffs or Vineyard Haven. Also, don’t forget to remember to think about bike racks and other accessories you may add to your vehicle when traveling.
Thanks for reading On Point MV. Also be sure to check out We Love MV our ON POINT MV Blog series capturing the spirit of Martha’s Vineyard year-round. We hope you are staying safe during these times. Please don’t forget to “Like” Point B Realty on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter, Linked In, Pinterest, Youtube and Instagram.
Thank you to all those who voted for us for Best Real Estate Company for Best of the Vineyard 2021. We would be honored if you would consider voting for us for 2022, click here to vote today.