Warm sunny days on Martha’s Vineyard may seem far away right now, but there is an important vacation planning deadline this week for anyone who has a summer rental in place or who is thinking about renting this summer on Martha’s Vineyard. Advance car ferry reservations go on sale this Thursday, January 11th.
An advance reservation with the Steamship Authority is essential if you’re planning to bring your car in the summer. Every year, peak week car reservations in July and August seem to sell out faster and faster. Often, they’re all gone within a week, sometimes, a day or two.
A Few Car Reservation Tips
- If you don’t have a profile number, pin or sign in credentials with the Steamship Authority, register ahead of time. It will help your online booking go faster. Register here.
- Book online. You can’t make reservations by phone until a week after online sales begin.
- Expect delays online but keep trying. Thursday will be the heaviest traffic day of the year for the Steamship website. It’s all part of the hectic ferry reservation dance.
- Have an alternative time or two, in case your first choice is not available.
- The earlier you start trying to book on January 11th — the better your odds.
- You don’t need advance reservations if you’re not bringing a car.
You may want to bookmark the actual booking page, before you start trying on Thursday. Head to this page, and click the BOOK NOW BUTTON.
Of course, if you’re still wondering what’s available to rent, you’ve got both time to book AND get a reservation for your car this week. You can call or email our Rental Team. Call 508-627-4567 extension 2, or email email@example.com. You can also check our Martha’s Vineyard Vacation Rentals page for houses available across the island.