Attention all Martha’s Vineyard vacation home renters and Vineyard vacation guests. Advance car ferry reservations for Summer 2016 go on sale Tuesday morning, January 12th at 7:30 a.m. ET on the Steamship Authority website.
The Point B Realty rental team reports the upcoming Summer rental season is the busiest they’ve ever seen. More people, more rentals, more competition for everything, including advance car ferry reservations.
Bottom line: reservations for all peak July and August weeks will sell out fast!
If this is your first vacation to Martha’s Vineyard, and you’re bringing your car, here’s what you need to know:
- Register with the Steamship Authority before Tuesday. It will save you vital time while making your real-time reservation. Click here for registration.
- Check the ferry schedule ahead of time, so you will already have some alternative times, if your first choice is not available. Check Summer schedule here.
- Be ready to go Tuesday morning, January 12th at 7:30 a.m. ET. Do expect the Steamship Authority website to be slow from all the traffic. The competitive volume usually makes it a little challenging (and sometime frustrating as well). Click here for booking link.
- Congratulate yourself for being one of the early birds. All Summer reservation spots will sell out quickly — peak weeks or not. And they will sell out faster than ever for this coming Summer vacation season on Martha’s Vineyard
- Advance car ferry reservations by phone or in-person don’t start until January 19th, so online is the way to go!
- If you’re not bringing a car, no need to worry or buy advance tickets.
If you’re a veteran Martha’s Vineyard vacation renter, and you have a profile number and are currently registered with the Steamship Authority, you’re likely good to go. Nevertheless:
- Double check your Steamship Authority account ahead of time. Login, make sure the system remembers you. Check your registration here.
- Be ready to go at 7:30 a.m. ET on Tuesday January 12th. Just because you’ve been coming to Martha’s Vineyard for the last 10 years doesn’t earn you any advantage with the advance car ferry reservations for the summer from the Steamship Authority. Click here for booking link.
- You’re already familiar with the car ferry reservation dance. Get your dancing shoes ready!
Good luck to all. If you are a Point B rental customer and have any questions, please be sure to call your agent or anyone on the rental team. We look forward to seeing you here this Summer!